Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My fifth blog post

The Hixson award means a lot to me and my future life. This award means a lot to me because it will help me pay part of my way through college. This award has also made me a better person. I have learned many things by going to class on Tuesday night and recitation on Thursday mornings. I know that this award will also make me a better person after college too.
The main reason the Hixson Award is so important is because it will help make my way through college financially. I would not enjoy paying all of those student loans off after college. I feel that with this award, I will be able to make it through college debt free and I will be ready to pursue my career without having to pay debts and interest. The Hixson award also makes it easier on my parents. My parents are helping me pay for college and the award also means a lot to them.
I feel that the Hixson award has also made me a better person. I have learned many skills while at UST 101A such as leadership, bonding, stress free techniques, and volunteering. I have learned that employers are looking for the people who have been involved at college and people who display many leadership skills. With all of these skills I have learned, I will be able to construct a strong resume for my future employers. It’s not just that these skills will help me now, but these skills will stay with me forever.
All in all, The Hixson award means a lot to me because it is helping me pay my way through college and it is making me a better person. With the money I am earning from this award; my parents are able to afford other necessities for our family instead of paying for my college.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the Hixson award is teaching us so much. The monetary part of the scholarship is great but everything else we are learning is so fundamental to our future. I am glad someone else is getting as much out of the program as I am.

    ReplyDelete