Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Final Blog Post

I have been learning a lot of tips to be successful in the future since the first day of Hixson Seminar. I have learned successful business skills, more about myself, how social media is effective, how to manage debt, and about different cultures. By learning all of these topics, I have grown into a better rounded individual. By learning all of these skills I will have more knowledge and someday live a comfortable life.


During our seminar we had a guest speaker and she taught us how to make a good impression to possible employers. I now know how to create a quality resume and give a quality handshake. These are important skills to have because it could lead you to your next job. This semester I also did a survey called the MBTI survey which made it more clear for me to recognize the person I really am. The survey said I was organized and liked to have my day planed out before it starts. Also, I am a person who is not talkative and considered shy. I feel like this survey helped me meet more people that had the same personalities as me.


I learned that social media can actually help find a job. Companies join Twitter in order for people to fallow them and eventually get in touch with them about interviews. Facebook is also a way to stay in touch with possible employers because they may post activities going on within the company. Debt was also a topic a learned about this semester. I learned how to manage finances and minimize debt. I learned more about FAFSA and how it helps my family and I. This class made it so I had to have an open mind because I attended a cultural event that was different from our culture. It was good for me to be open minded that night because I am not more accepting of other people and were they come from.


As you can see, I have grown in a variety of ways from learning about different cultures to managing finances. This class has been great for me because I have acquired new skills that will lead to my success in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Hixson has helped us grow so much. The first semester of college was a whole new experience and I think the Hixson program does a great job of helping us succeed.

    ReplyDelete